Studentiaden 2020, May – Sweden´s Biggest Sports Event for Students
What is Studentiaden?
Studentiaden is an annual weekend with competitions in a minimum of 8 different sports, where at least 4 has to be official Swedish Championships. It is the Swedish National Student Sport Association that each year selects one student-sport association to be the organizers of the whole event. For 2020 JUSA has be selected as the organizers. One of the most important things is that the competitions are open for everyone no matter experience or level, just like JUSA.
It is a weekend full of not only competitions but chance to meet students with the same interest from all around Sweden. The weekend ends with a Banquet and other activities will happen all around the competitions both for the players and audience. JUSA: s goal is to make this not only an amazing event for visiting and our own players, but also for all students at JU.
The first round of recruitments with the deadline of the 22nd of March for applications we are looking for the core team that will follow the event through from this spring to next. We are looking for 7 students with a passion for event planning as well as for sports and that really shares the wish to make this the best event so far in Studentiaden history both for those participating in the competitions and for JU students.
Send you application to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 22nd of March
The majority of the position will have their own team to help them out with their area of responsibility and the recruitment of each team is up to the person in charge together with the project leader.
Later we will open for recruiting volunteers to only participate during the weekend.
Head of Financials
As Head of Financials you need to have an interest in budgeting and financials in general and if you have previous experience is beneficial. You need to be structured and it is of high importance that you show an understanding that the rest of the team and groups rely on up to date reports and information.
Grant applications will be in Swedish which means that it is beneficial to speak Swedish, but it is not a requirement.
- Responsible for the budget; keeping it updated, keeping the rest of the project team updated
- Responsible for applying for grants. There is already a list, but it is beneficial to look for others as well
- Responsible for payments
- Responsible for finding and establishing payment methods needed
- Responsible for monitoring the financials of each sub-group as well as reporting this and make a final financials statement and summary after the event
Head of Competitions
As Head of Competitions you hold the main responsibility for the competitions and that they performed at a certain standard. This means that you must be good at organising, be thorough and be service minded. You need to be able to set up deadlines and ensure that you and others keep to them. You need to be good at communicating ideas as well as information. As there will be 5-6 sports under the charge of Head of Competitions this person will recruit their own sub-group who will assist in the areas of responsibility.
As all rules and regulations for all sports and competitions is in Swedish it will be a requirement to have a good knowledge of Swedish.
- Responsible for drawing up the preliminary schedules for each sport as well as the once before the competitions each sport responsible
- Responsible for the quality of the competitions and that all involved, project group, volunteers and judges are aware of the rules and recruitments together with the Project leader
- Responsible for the recruitment of your project group, each sport should have one additional person responsible for that specific sport
- Responsible for the recruitment of judges for each sport
- Responsible for the education of judges if needed
- Responsible for the routines of all secretariat´s together with each sport responsible.
- Responsible for the timekeeping and reporting of the results together with each sport responsible
- Responsible for the recruitment and education needed of volunteers to help besides you own project group. Your project group will help you with this
- Responsible for the general health care at the competitions
- Responsible for recruiting volunteers with medical knowledge or educating volunteers
Head of Sponsors
Head of Sponsors works for securing new finical support or reducing the cost in form of collaborations. You need to be creative and enjoy talking and creating new connections. It is importance that you stay update with the on-goings with the marketing team to know what we can offer.
As most possible collaborations will have a Swedish speaking counterpart there is a requirement of good knowledge in Swedish.
- Responsible for seeking and securing new collaborations and ensuring that both sides receives what’s been promised
- Responsible for write suggestions to sponsor packages.
- Responsible for upholding the communication with partners.
- Contracts and agreements are signed tighter with the Project leader
Event Manager (Evenings, Competitions and Tournaments)
As Event Manager you must be good at organising, be thorough and be service minded. You need to be able to set up deadlines and ensure that you and others keep to them. You need to be good at communicating ideas as well as information.
Apart from the competitions held during day-time there is a requirement of having at least 2 more sports in the form of tournaments, which will be Pool and E-sport. The Event Manager is responsible for these tournaments and the quality of them. Besides these two tournaments there is a need for other evening activities as well as activities around the competitions and here is where your creativity is needed. These activities will be developed together with the project leader and the rest of the core team as well as with your own group. Your job is to ensure that everyone, participances as well as JU students and audience have a great time around and at the competitions. As long as there is value added for participants or audience there is room freedom for creativity.
No requirement of Swedish
- Responsible for the sign-ups for the tournaments
- Responsible for structuring and drawing up rules together with SAIF for the tournaments
- Responsible for recruiting judges and educate them if needed for each sport
- Responsible for registration before the tournaments
- Responsible for planning the schedule for additional relevant activities
- Responsible for the booking and assemble of technical equipment needed
- Responsible for booking equipment needed for the extra activities
Event Manager (Ceremonies)
As Event Manager you must be good at organising, be thorough and be service minded. You need to be able to set up deadlines and ensure that you and others keep to them. You need to be good at communicating ideas as well as information. The Event Manager for Ceremonies are in charge of the opening ceremony as well as the Banquet that ends the whole event. The main focus is on the banquet and it is important that everyone have a good time no matter the results after the competitions.
No requirements of Swedish
- Responsible for the booking and assemble of the stage at both ceremonies
- Responsible for the schedule during the opening ceremony
- Responsible for inviting a relevant person form JU to hold an opening speech
- Responsible for booking entertainment for both ceremonies
- Responsible for the booking and assemble of technical equipment needed during both ceremonies
- Responsible for the schedule, entertainment, rewards, speeches and food, during the Banquet
- Responsible for the recruitment of volunteers for the Banquet
Head of Logistics (Competitions)
As Head of Logistics for Competitions you are the one ensuring everyone has what they need to be able to perform the competitions. You are also responsible for that everyone players as well as audience can get the information, they need no matter if it is questions on where they should be next or the result from a previous match. This means that you need to be good at be good at planning and organising, setting up deadlines and ensure that you and others keep to them. You will together with the other Head of Logistic be in charge of your own group that will help you with this.
No requirement of Swedish
- Responsible for the Infocenter where participant as well as audience can receive information about the event, schedule and results e.tc. This is together with Head of Competition.
- Responsible for booking of arenas. (This is already preliminary booked)
- Responsible for the equipment needed. Ordering it and ensuring that right equipment is at is place at the competitions.
- Responsible for the holding and storage of equipment.
- Responsible for technical equipment need for secretariat’s and judges.
- Responsible for the information displays at the competitions.
- Responsible for registration and accreditation of each participant together with SAIF.
- Responsible for medical equipment in the same way as other equipment.
Head of Logistics (Accommodation, Food and Transport)
As Head of Logistics you are responsible for that everyone has a place to sleep, know where they are sleeping, where the competitions are at as well as that all get breakfast as well as lunch. Your important job is to ensure that players as well as audience know where to go and that information are distributed smoothly. This means that you must be service minded and good at planning and organization. You will together with the other Head of Logistic be in charge of your own group that will help you with this.
No requirement of Swedish
- Responsible for information displays and guidance displaying to accommodations and location of the competition and other activities.
- Responsible for the accommodations and booking of the accommodation itself as well as the distribution of the booking form participances.
- Responsible for advising and ensure that there is parking available for visiting players.
- Responsible for the scheduling and distribution of breakfast and lunch.
- Responsible for recruiting night guard for the accommodation.